For Immediate Release: January 14, 2010
Contact: Bob Becker
Telephone: (712) 262-1971 ext 126, Ext. 1015
Printer Friendly PDF Version
Military in the Workplace: What Employers need to know when Guard or Reserve Employees leave and return from military service
SPENCER, IOWA - The Lakes Area Employers’ Council (ECI) will be meeting on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Spencer Hy-Vee store, 819 N. Grand Ave., Spencer, Iowa 51301. All employers, human resource personnel, accounting, payroll, and other staff members are invited to attend. Featured speakers will be ESGR (Employer Support of Guard and Reserve) Representatives.
Featured program will be “Military in the Workplace: What Employers need to know when Guard or Reserve Employees leave for military service.
ESGR Mission (Employer Support of Guard and Reserve):
• To gain and maintain support from all public and private employers for the men and women of the National Guard and Reserves through education, consultation, and mediation.
• Learn steps you can take to assist your military employees.
• Discover resources available to employers with returning employees and their families.
• Refresh your understanding or enhance your understanding of the Law as it pertains to employment status of your military employee.
• Listen to a military employee discuss their transition from military to civilian life. What challenges did they face and what things were positive for them.
Pre-registration is requested by Friday, February 19, 2010 to Bob Becker, (712) 262-1971 ext. 126 or . The meal is free and there is no charge for the program. If you register, please attend. A certificate of attendance will be provided to attendees for recertification purposes.
The Lakes Area Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by Iowa Workforce Development Region 3 and 4, and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Bob Becker at if you have questions about this training session or about the Lakes Area Employers’ Council.