For Immediate Release
Contact: Carol Morgan: (712) 242-2131
Printer Friendly PDF Version
Southwest Iowa ECI: “USERRA Changes & New Family Military FMLA” and “Iowa OSHA Top Ten Safety Violations”
COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA – Iowa Workforce Development and the Southwest Iowa Employers’ Council will present two valuable training sessions for businesses on Wednesday September 10, 2008 from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm at the Western Historic Trails Center in Council Bluffs. All employers, human resource personnel, recruiters, attorneys, paralegals, business owners & managers are invited to attend. The Western Historic Trails Center is located at 3434 Richard Downing Ave in Council Bluffs.
“USERRA Changes & New Family Military FMLA” session highlights include:
• Featuring the Dept of Labor—Changes to USERRA
• NEW information about the Family Military FMLA
• WHAT IS: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury Symptoms
• ESGR: Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
• Recently Returned Military: Sharing the experiences of coming back to civilian life
• Employer comments from past programs include “More employers should attend,” and “All employers or managers should know this information regardless of whether they hire military”
“Iowa OSHA Top Ten Safety Citations” session highlights include:
• Introduction to Iowa OSHA
Lunch will be provided at no cost courtesy of ESGR but pre-registration is required by Friday, September 5th to Carol Morgan, (712) 242-2131 or . Seating is limited to 50 attendees. This program has been approved for 3.0 (General) recertification credit hours towards PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) and a certificate will be provided at the training session.
The Southwest IA Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by Iowa Workforce Development Region 13 including Harrison, Shelby, Pottawattamie, Mills, Cass, Freemont and Page counties, and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. All businesses, including Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri employers are welcome to attend ECI events. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Carol Morgan at (712) 242-2131 or for more information about the Southwest Iowa ECI group.
• Consultation programs
• What investigations look for and inspection policies
• Most frequently cited standards
• How to avoid citations
• Featured speaker will be Mike Whitmore, Compliance Assistant Specialist with Iowa OSHA