For Immediate Release
Contact: Bob Becker
Telephone: (712) 262-1971 ext. 126
Printer Friendly PDF Version
Military in the Workplace: What Employers Can Do
ESTHERVILLE, IOWA - The Lakes Area Employers’ Council (ECI) will be meeting on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Iowa Lakes Community College, 300 S. 18th Street, Estherville, Iowa 51334. All employers, human resource personnel, accounting, payroll, safety managers, other staff members, as well as people in general, who wish to show support for our returning veterans, are invited to attend. Featured program will be “Military in the Workplace: What Employers Can Do to Support Returning Veterans and Their Families”.
To Support Returning Veterans And Their Families
ESGR Mission (Employer Support of Guard and Reserve):
• To gain and maintain support from all public and private employers for the men and women of the National Guard and Reserves through education, consultation and mediation.
• Learn steps you can take to assist returning service members in your business.
Questions will be entertained by various ESGR Liaisons and the State Veterans Director
• Discover resources available to employers with returning veterans and their families.
• Get updates on the law relating to the rights of veterans and their employment.
• Hear perspectives from an employee who returned from the war and an employer who hires military veterans.
Pre-registration is requested by Friday, June 6, 2008 to Bob Becker, (712) 262-1971 ext.126 or . Lunch will be provided, free of charge, courtesy of ESGR. You must pre-register, and if you do, please attend. Registration will be limited to the first 60 applicants. A certificate of attendance will be provided to attendees for recertification purposes. This course has been approved for H.R.C.I. accreditation.
The Lakes Area Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by Iowa Workforce Development Region 3 and 4, and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Bob Becker at if you have questions about this training session or about the Lakes Area Employers’ Council.