For Immediate Release
Contact: Bob Becker
Telephone: (712) 262-1971 ext. 126
Printer Friendly PDF Version
ALGONA, IOWA - The Kossuth County Employers’ Council (ECI) will be meeting on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at the Family Table, 1320 Hwy. 169 N. Algona, Iowa at 11:30 a.m. All employers, human resource personnel, accounting, payroll, and other staff members are invited to attend. Featured speaker will be Kevin Welch, Safety Manager for Demco Manufacturing of Boyden, Iowa.
Kevin Welch, Safety manager for Demco Manufacturing, gives an engaging, entertaining and insightful presentation on safety in the workplace. This topic is especially pertinent to safety managers, human resource personnel, and floor and shop foremen. This presentation is especially relevant to the manufacturing, electrical, mechanical and agricultural sector but has application to all business areas where safety is a concern.
Kevin will demonstrate how to:
• Make safety a “fun activity” in which employees willingly and actively participate
Questions will be entertained by Kevin Welch.
• Find “low cost” and “no cost” ways to reward safety and safe behavior in the work place
• Vary activities and introduce an element of “fun surprise”, spontaneity, and unpredictability, into your job site plan
• Empower and encourage employees to “own” and manage safety procedures and plans
• Radically reduce injuries, work comp claims, insurance premiums and OSHA fines in an employee supported context
Pre-registration is requested by Friday, October 5, 2007 to Paula Seely, (515) 295-4602 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment for the meal will be made directly to Family Table. A certificate of attendance will be provided to attendees for recertification purposes.
The Kossuth County Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by Iowa Workforce Development Region 3 and 4, and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Bob Becker at if you have questions about this training session or about the Kossuth County Employers’ Council.