For Immediate Release
Contact: Bob Becker
Telephone: (712) 262-1971 ext. 126
Printer Friendly PDF Version
SPENCER, IOWA - The Lakes Area Employers’ Council (ECI) will be meeting on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Godfather’s Pizza in Spencer, Iowa. All employers, human resource personnel, accounting, payroll, safety managers, and other staff members are invited to attend. Featured speaker will be Kevin Welch, Safety Manager for Demco Manufacturing, Boyden, Iowa.
Kevin Welch, Safety Manager for Demco Manufacturing, will give an engaging, entertaining and insightful presentation on safety in the workplace. This topic is especially pertinent to safety managers, human resource personnel, and floor and shop foremen. This presentation is especially relevant to the manufacturing, electrical, mechanical and agricultural sector but has application to all business areas where safety is a concern. Kevin will demonstrate how to:
• Make safety a “fun activity” in which employees willingly and actively participate
• Find “low cost” and “no cost” ways to reward safety and safe behavior in the work place
• Vary activities and introduce an element of “fun surprise”, spontaneity, and unpredictability, into your job site plan
• Empower and encourage employees to “own” and manage safety procedures and plans
• Radically reduce injuries, work comp claims, insurance premiums and OSHA fines in an employee supported context
Kevin will entertain questions at the end of the presentation.
Pre-registration is requested by Friday, June 8, 2007 to Bob Becker, (712) 262-1971 ext.126 or . There is a fee of $6.94 for lunch, beverage, tax included, to be paid directly to Godfather’s Pizza, that day, which includes handouts, lunch and meeting expenses. If you register but do not attend, you will be billed. A certificate of attendance will be provided to attendees for recertification purposes.
The Lakes Area Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by Iowa Workforce Development Region 3 and 4, and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Bob Becker at if you have questions about this training session or about the Lakes Area Employers’ Council.