For Immediate Release
Contact: Elsie Lewis
Telephone: (319) 365-9474
Printer Friendly PDF Version
The Employers’ Council of Iowa is hosting two unemployment insurance related seminars in February to update employers on recent online enhancements and unemployment insurance law and the appeal process.
On Wednesday, February 14th, Iowa Workforce Development will present the recently launched, online, Unemployment Insurance Tax System. The seminar will take place at the Iowa City Area Association of REALTORS at 438 Highway One West, Iowa City. Registration and lunch begins at 11:30 AM.
Todd McGee, Business Marketing Specialist/Tax Redesign Project; and Sandra Taylor, UI Tax Bureau Chief w/Iowa Workforce Development will discuss:
• Filing quarterly and annual unemployment reports and payments
On Thursday, February 15th, Iowa Workforce Development Chief Administrative Law Judge Dan Anderson will refresh employers’ knowledge on the topics of:
• Electronically file your unemployment reports
• Automatic computation of taxable wages and contributions
• Interactive screens & the new system
• Unemployment – focusing on temporary layoffs, quits, refusals of new work or recall, seasonal help, discharges, health issues, and a failed drug test
The employment law session will be held at the Renaissance Center Media Room, 220 East First Street, Monticello with registration and breakfast beginning at 7:30 AM.
Each seminar costs $25 and includes all seminar materials and certificate of attendance. To register, contact Elsie Lewis at .
• Protests: Tips for employers in preparing your case and presenting your evidence
• What impacts UI claims (vacation, holiday)