For Immediate Release
Contact: Diane Neri: (712) 233-9030, Ext. 1037
Printer Friendly PDF Version
Sioux City, IOWA – Get the latest information on ten hot employment topics by employment law attorney Barbara Tapscott. Siouxland Employers’ Council and Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) will be hosting a seminar for employers on employment law updates and practices. The meeting will be held on Friday, December 8, 2006, from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. This training session will be conducted at Western Iowa Tech, 4647 Stone Avenue, Building B Room 138 in Sioux City. All employers, human resource employees, accounting, payroll and other staff members are invited to attend.
Tapscott, a private practice employment attorney in Iowa and Pennsylvania, will give this fast-paced two-hour presentation covering a broad range of employment topics. She is a frequent speaker and trainer before employer and business groups.
Here are just a few topics of interest to employers and human resource officials:
• The $78 million jury verdict awarded retail workers for missed work breaks and off-the-clock time: are you paying what is owed?
• The DOL’s latest word on overtime exemptions: are you doing it right?
• Recent Iowa court decisions on immunity for references and defamation; what can you say about that fired employee?
• The aging labor force: how can you safely recruit them; can you favor them over younger employees; and what happens when they can’t lift anything anymore?
• Retaliation: The U.S. Supreme Court has spoken on what it is: are your supervisors listening?
There is a $25 registration fee to attend this meeting. To register for the seminar, contact Diane Neri, Iowa Workforce Development, at (712) 233-9030, Ext. 1037 or by e-mail at . Please register by Tuesday, December 5, 2006.