For Immediate Release
Telephone: (712) 233-9030, Ext. 1037
Printer Friendly PDF Version
Sioux City, IOWA – The Siouxland Employers’ Council and Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) will be hosting a meeting for employers to learn about updates in Iowa’s unemployment laws and practices. This meeting will be held on Thursday, October 12, 2006, from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. The training session will be conducted at Western Iowa Tech, 4647 Stone Avenue, Building B Room 138 in Sioux City. All employers, human resource employees, accounting, payroll and other staff members are invited to attend.
Our speakers will be Todd McGee, IWD Business Marketing Specialist assigned to the Tax Redesign Project, and Dan Anderson, Chief Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), Iowa Workforce Development.
Todd will discuss the new process for filing quarterly and annual unemployment reports and payments. He will include information on:
• Electronically file your unemployment quarterly reports
• Automatic computation of taxable wages and contributions
• Interactive screens and help features of the new system
Dan will bring us up to date on Iowa’s unemployment laws and practices:
• Discharges, quits, refusal of work or refusal of recall
• Issues involving part time employees
• Health related issues, drug testing
• Pensions, vacation, severance and holiday pay
• Special challenges in handling unemployment insurance cases
There is a $25 registration fee to attend this meeting. To register for the seminar, contact Diane Neri, Iowa Workforce Development, at (712) 233-9030, Ext. 1037 or by e-mail at . Please register by Tuesday, October 10, 2006.
The Siouxland Employers’ Council is an employer group in Region 12, supported locally by Iowa Workforce Development, and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. This employers group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers.