Question :
What types of contractors have to be registered? How do you define “construction”?
Answer :
Contractors performing “construction” work must be registered. Even if construction work is only incidental to your business, you still must be registered (such as employee leasing agencies). The definition of “construction” is very broad and includes not only the typical construction work, but also includes companies, entities or individuals performing carpentry; electrical; plumbing; roofing; house painting; landscape and lawn sprinkler installation; cable television installation; elevator and boiler installation; window and door installation; and many other types of work. You may view the list of different types of work that fall under the definition of “construction” on the contractor web page.

  Was this answer useful to you?
Yes No

< Back


Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright -All Rights Reserved

An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.