Question :
What contractors must register with the State?
Answer :
All individual contractors and businesses performing “construction” work within Iowa must be registered with the Division of Labor if they earn at least $2,000 a year. Individuals or businesses making less than $2,000 a year in “construction” work, or who work only on their own real estate or property, are not required to register. Individual employees of eligible contractors are not required to register.

  Was this answer useful to you?
Yes No

< Back


Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright -All Rights Reserved

An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.