What can be deducted from my wages?
The following list can be deducted from wages. For exceptions see Iowa Code Chapter 91A.5.
3. Deductions for any lawful purpose accruing to the benefit of the employee if the employee has given written authorization for the deduction (for example, insurance, 401K, pensions, bonds and savings programs).
The following list cannot be deducted:
4. Cash shortages in common money till
5. Losses due to breakage, damage, acceptance of bad checks, and default of customer credit except in certain limited cases
6. Lost or stolen property unless certain conditions are met
8. Personal protective equipment in most cases
9. Moving costs except in certain cases
| Was this answer useful to you?
Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright © -All Rights Reserved
An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.