Question :
My employer hasn’t paid me wages I believe I am owed. What can I do?
Answer :
If you believe you are owed wages, you can file a wage claim with the Iowa Division of Labor. You can download a Wage Claim Form at, or request a form be mailed to you by calling 1-800-562-4692. You also have the right to pursue your claim on your own behalf in court. If your claim has to do with federal minimum wage or overtime you may contact the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage & Hour offices at:

Des Moines (515) 284-4625
Cedar Rapids (319) 362-8074
Davenport (563) 324-2038
Sioux City (712) 252-2907
Waterloo (319) 233-2903

  Was this answer useful to you?
Yes No

< Back


Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright -All Rights Reserved

An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.