Can my employer require me to have a direct deposit of my wages?
Your employer may require direct deposit of your wages if:
- You were hired after July 1, 2005
- You are allowed to choose the bank or credit union
- The costs of opening and keeping the account do not drop your pay below minimum wage
- There is no charge to your account for the direct deposit; and
- You are not covered by a union contract that prohibits mandatory direct deposit.
| Was this answer useful to you?
Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright © -All Rights Reserved
An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.