Question :
How do I have taxes start/stop out of my Unemployment Insurance?
Answer :
All Unemployment Insurance benefits are fully taxable on your federal and state income taxes. You have the option of having taxes withheld from your Unemployment Insurance benefits 10% of the gross for federal taxes, and 5% of the gross for state taxes. If you elect to have taxes deducted, you will need to sign the Tax Withholding Agreement Form 60-0360 available at your local Iowa Workforce Development office, or in the back of the Facts About Unemployment Insurance Guide. To stop taxes withheld from your unemployment insurance check contact in person your local Iowa Workforce Development office. If you elect to not have taxes withheld from your benefits you will receive a 1099 tax form to pay taxes at the end of the year.

  Was this answer useful to you?
Yes No

< Back


Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright -All Rights Reserved

An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.