Question :
How can I obtain a child labor work permit?
Answer :
Appear in person to the local school official designated as an issuing officer or the Iowa Workforce Development Center and provide one of the following acceptable forms of evidence of age: a certified copy of a birth certificate, current passport or certified copy of baptismal record showing the date and place of birth and the place of the child’s baptism. If none of these is available, then a written certification from a physician appointed by the local board of education certifying that, in the physician’s opinion, the applicant is 14 years of age or older, is required. The employer then must complete the work permit (Child Labor Form), specifically listing all work the minor will be performing, equipment he will use, and hours to be worked. After completing this section, the minor’s parent completes and signs his portion of the form. The form then is returned to the issuing officer for review and approval.

  Was this answer useful to you?
Yes No

< Back


Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright -All Rights Reserved

An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.