Question :
Who needs a Certificate of Age?
Answer :
Youth are only required to have a Certificate of Age when a prospective employer requires it.

Youths who are 16 or older can obtain a Certificate of Age by going to the local Workforce Development Center or the local school official designated as the issuing officer with one of the following acceptable forms of evidence of age: a certified copy of a birth certificate, current passport or certified copy of a baptismal certificate, or a physician’s certification of age, completed by a physician appointed by the local board of education certifying that, in the physician’s opinion, the minor is 14 years of age or older.

  Was this answer useful to you?
Yes No

< Back


Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright -All Rights Reserved

An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.