Question :
I received a letter that says I was overpaid and have to repay benefits.
Answer :
This depends on the circumstances of your claims. If you are currently collecting unemployment benefits, then you just need to continue with your weekly call in. Your benefits will be withheld until either the overpayment is repaid in full, or you discontinue to call in your weekly claim. If you are no longer collecting benefits you may either pay the overpayment amount in full or by requesting a repayment agreement by writing to:
Benefit Payment Control
Iowa Workforce Development
P.O. Box 10332
Des Moines, IA 50306-0332

  Was this answer useful to you?
Yes No

< Back


Iowa Workforce Development
1000 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0209
Telephone: (515) 281-5387
For Deaf and Hard Of Hearing, Use Relay 711
Copyright -All Rights Reserved

An Equal Opportunity
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.