Iowa Workforce Development
The Work Keys system is used by
businesses, educational systems, and job training programs throughout North America.
For the Nearest WorkKeys®
For more information,
Immerfall (515) 242-5985.
Work Keys is administered in
Iowa by IowaWORKS Centers throughout the state.
WorkKeys® is a workplace skills analysis and assessment system developed by
College Testing (ACT) to help business and industry match workers with appropriate jobs
and manage human resources more effectively.
The WorkKeys® System in Action
developed WorkKeys® system help businesses:
- evaluate job requirements in several key skill areas through job profiling
- hire and promote employees based upon skills measured through testing
- upgrade skills of existing staff to better match job requirements through
A job profile
identifies the skill levels employees must have to perform a specific job in a particular
company, based upon information provided by people who actually perform those jobs. Job
profiles can establish ratings for the following skills, all of which can be measured by
- Applied Mathematics
- Reading for Information
- Applied Technology
- Locating Information
program meets the requirements of the Uniform Guidelines for Employee Selection
Procedures, which have been adopted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
and compiles with Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines for employment testing
The WorkKeys® assessment
program can play a key role in helping businesses:
- establish job-related criteria that, along with other factors, can assist them in
making hiring, promotion, and training decisions;
- reduce employee turnover and attrition costs by improving the match between work
and workers, thus substantially reducing hiring costs and improving employee morale;
- strengthen competitiveness by maximizing employee productivity; and
- enhance and develop the skills of their employees.